top of page
Photo 2.jpg

Home Insurance

We have a dedicated Home Insurance Team to help our clients with home and contents insurance. We can help with anything from standard policies to quirky buildings insurance and high-value items. Give us a call and we can help advise you on the best type of home insurance for your needs.

We understand that your home is the most important asset of your life, so we want to ensure it is covered for all events.

It's easy to think that bad things happen to other people and not ourselves, but the facts suggest that this isn't a risk we can afford to take. Unfortunate occurrences happen such as flood/storm damage, fire, burglary and more. These threaten our homes and It's contents. By not having insurance we are leaving ourselves open to potential serious financial loss.

Home insurance can now offer something for everyone with insurance for homeowners, tenants and landlords. Increasingly, mortgage lenders will insist that you have buildings insurance to obtain a mortgage.

As soon as you buy a house and exchange contracts, you become legally bound and responsible for the property. It is therefore essential that you ensure you have buildings insurance in place from the exchange of contracts to protect you from potential disasters out of your control.

Along with fires and floods, a good buildings insurance policy will protect your home against storm damage, subsidence, burst pipes and vandalism. Failure to have cover in place could result in you having to pay out thousands for repairs or even being left homeless.

Our expert advisers will talk to you about the level of cover you require, including any valuable items, bikes etc., and will be able to find you the most appropriate cover available for your circumstances.

Types of Home Insurance

Building Insurance


Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property. It usually covers loss or damage caused by fire, explosion, storms, floods, earthquakes, etc.

Whether you’re a landlord or an owner-occupier, buildings insurance isn’t compulsory under the law. However, if you have a mortgage then buildings insurance will be a condition of the mortgage and must be at least enough to cover the outstanding mortgage. Your lender should give you a choice of insurer or allow you to choose one yourself. If you buy a house you should take out buildings insurance when you exchange contracts. If you sell a house you are responsible for looking after it until the sale is completed so you should keep your insurance cover until then.

Contents Insurance


Contents insurance pays for damage to, or loss of, an individual’s personal possessions, that is things that aren’t fixed to a person’s home and you would expect to take with you should you move. Some contents insurance policies also provide restricted cover for personal possessions temporarily taken away from the home by the policyholder.


Contents insurance is quite often combined with buildings insurance but, unlike buildings insurance, it is not a condition of the mortgage. The insurer usually provides a discount if both are taken.

Any questions?

To speak to a mortgage advisor, please call us on 0115 686 0786 or email:

Photo 1.jpg


Whether you are a first time buyer, looking to move home, remortgage, or a landlord looking to finance the purchase of an investment property.


An Income protection plan is a long-term insurance policy designed to help you if you can’t work because you’re ill or injured or disabled.
Photo 2.jpg

Home Insurance

Your home is probably your biggest single asset so it is important to protect it against unexpected damage through things such as fire, or flooding.
bottom of page